(Posted on behalf of Alan D., Chair, DC Virtual Events Committee)
Do you miss the fact that you’re not in the dungeon with your club brothers and hot guests right now? So do we! So we thought we’d do what we can in the meantime.
The virtual event committee is proud to announce we will have our first Zoom event next month (September). The plan is to hold a monthly event on the Second Sunday of every month, the same day we would normally be at the dungeon (until we can get back together in person of course!). The event will start at 2:00 pm and run for about an hour. If you want to keep going, there will be a Discord server available to connect to after the main event wraps up.
So what happens at a virtual event? I’m glad you asked!
- We’ll start out in a virtual room together for a presentation, event or game
- We break out into smaller rooms that make it easier to interact for 10 minutes
- Switch rooms a few times, get to socialize in small groups
- And end up together in one room at the end!
What kind of presentations might we see?
- To kick things off in September, we’ll start with “Meet the Meat”, details soon :-)
- Dungeon tours/Toybag tours
- Kinky Art tours
- Hot Demos and HowTo Sessions
- Kinky games
- And feel free to suggest more fun options! (Naked Chef - SemiNude Bacon Frying for Subs, anyone?)
What are the rules/boundaries?
- Well, Zoom terms of service limits nudity, so “No Poles Or Holes”
- But there will be a Discord server available for connection afterwards without those restrictions
- Limited to you and vetted guests in your house, must be male and 21+
- No recording or photography or screen capture of the event or Discord
- Be polite, follow video meeting etiquette, try not to talk over each other
How do I register?
- Through the club website. We’ll send a link, but it will also be under Events in two weeks
- You will need to log in to the website to see the event listed – it’s set to be visible only to members (reset your password now if you’ve forgotten it, you can do that from the login page)
- The Zoom link will arrive a few days before the event
Any Hints on Using Zoom?
- When you log into Zoom on the day, PLEASE use a screen name we can recognize so the virtual door guard can identify you and let you in without delay
- You definitely will have more fun with a video cam and not just audio dial in
- And you will enjoy this more with the Zoom client instead of just their web version
- If you need help getting Zoom set up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will put you in contact with someone on the tech committee who can help
Thanks again to all that have helped. Including but not limited to Matt, Josh, Keith, Christian, Jim for the Discord option, and me.
Yours in leather,